At Minnesota Interpreters and Translators, education is one of our core values. We are committed to providing the training, skills and support that interpreters and translators need to serve and empower our client partners and Limited English Proficiency community members.
Trained professional interpreters and translators are in high demand, and careers as interpreters and translators are ranked among the best:
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of interpreters and translators is expected to increase by 18% between 2016 and 2026—a rate more than double the average for all occupations in the U.S.
- U.S. News and World Report magazine ranked interpreters and translators as the #2 Best Creative & Media Jobs of 2018, based on scoring in areas of Salary, Job Market, Future Growth, Stress, and Work-Life Balance.
- They also ranked interpreters and translators #90 on their 2018 list of The 100 Best Jobs of 2018 in the United States.
As demand for language services increases, especially in healthcare, injured worker rehabilitation and law, opportunities are growing for you to have a fulfilling and successful career as an interpreter or translator.
Whether you are a bilingual person wondering how to become a professional interpreter or translator, or a seasoned language services professional, MINT empowers you to grow your skills, abilities, and qualifications.
MINT knows that to make the most of your abilities as a multilingual person, you need to earn professional credentials such as the 40-Hour The Community Interpreter® International Certificate. At this training, you not only learn the standards and ethics of professional interpreting, but also get the support of a professional network of fellow language service providers.
Offered several times throughout the year at a convenient Minneapolis location, MINT’s TCII trainings are will give you the skills, confidence, and practice to become a professional interpreter.
Led by MINT’s owner/founder, José Tori Maguiña, EdD, our trainings feature the latest in interpreting and translation best practices, guidance about how to get started working with language service agencies, and even mentorship opportunities with the MINT Advisory Council.
Stand apart from the crowd! Add MINT’s 20-Hour Advanced Training for only $200
You’ve already earned a 40-hour training certificate, but to take your career as a professional interpreter to the next level, you need experience, connections, and advanced training.
Minnesota Interpreters and Translators (MINT) offers you the chance to earn an additional 20-hour training certificate by enrolling in our 20-hour Advanced Training course.
MINT’s Advanced Training course builds on the 40-hour training courses, offering even more:
- Discuss, practice and problem-solve for those interpreting situations that require advanced expertise
- Connect with an experienced community interpreter for mentorship and on-the-job shadowing
- Learn to educate clients and providers about what to expect from professional interpreting services
- Prepare to become a Certified Medical Interpreter through study and discussion of the CMI program requirements
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Training course, you will receive a 20-hour Advanced Training Certificate from MINT.
If you have previously earned a 40-hour The Community Interpreter® International Certificate, then upon successful completion of MINT’s 20-hour Advanced Training, you will earn both:
- a 20-hour Advanced Training Certificate from MINT, and
- a 60-hour The Community Interpreter® International (TCII) Advanced Training Certificate.
Be among the first professional interpreters to earn the 20-Hour Advanced Training Certificate, and watch your career grow!
When? | Where? | What Cost?
- MINT’s TCII Advanced Training takes place from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on five consecutive Saturdays, May 9th through June 6th, 2020.
- Training will be held at MINT’s home office located in South Minneapolis, at 5247 Girard Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55419. Free parking is available.
- The cost of the MINT’s Advanced Training is only $200. Payment plans are available.
REGISTRATIONS ARE DUE BY April 27th
To register, complete the online registration form, and attach your resume. Then send your initial payment of $100 (the second $100 payment can be sent in at any time before classes end). Payment plans are available. Registration fees are non-refundable.
REGISTRATION OPTION 1 (PREFERRED)
Electronic: Make your payment via Zelle, to firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION OPTION 2
Via regular mail: Mail a check made to Minnesota Interpreters and Translators, to: 5247 Girard Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55419